A Recipe for Healing

Directions:
Be creative. Trust your instincts. Cry when you want to, laugh when you can. Choose the size pot that fits your loss. Season with memories; stir often.
_

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finals week, here I come.

It will be a push to get through this last week and a half of stress, late nights, and finals. I can already feel myself losing energy, focus, and sanity...

But my motivation is that when is that it's all done, I'm homeward bound again; and this time it's for a good long time. And I will finally be surrounded by the friends and family that I need.

However, the holidays are looming in the distance, and for the first time in my life I'm actually dreading for them to come...who would've imagined I'd ever actually dread a holiday?
It's just that Micah won't be here.
And next week will be his birthday.
And around this time last year, we were preparing to go to Germany together...
Everything is just a jumble of mixed-feelings and my insides are turning. Part of me just wants to fast-forward it all so I don't have to feel anything.

But all-in-all, I'm ready to step back into the world of grief that home is, though it will be difficult. I'm ready to feel 100% "into" it again, whereas at college I've been numbing it to some extent, in order to survive. And most of all I'm ready to just be in the world Micah lived in, because if anything that will be comforting in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment