A Recipe for Healing

Directions:
Be creative. Trust your instincts. Cry when you want to, laugh when you can. Choose the size pot that fits your loss. Season with memories; stir often.
_

Monday, April 26, 2010

(rain-rain-rain.)

I'm sad today. Comprehending that time will continue to go by no matter how hard I want it to stop. Wishing Micah would walk in the door and crack a joke/tickle me/do something to make me laugh. Wondering how another summer without Micah can be approaching. Tired of only being surface-happy and wondering how long it'll be that way. Tired of being optimistic and deep-insighted and brave and in the spotlight and "beautiful" and mature...sometimes I just want to be a normal 19-year-old and not have a care in the world.

And then I think, "If only this all had never happened." Then you really could be here. So many things would be different." But why do I torture myself with that question? You're not here and I'm here instead. I can't go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment